How to delete corrupt OST file?
An OST file is an offline file in MS Outlook which enables users to work offline and the changes will be automatically synchronized in Exchange Server once they connect to the network. All the mailboxes of users that includes different items are stored in IST file. However, there may be various scenarios in which user needs to delete the OST files like - over-sized OST file, corrupt file, to alter old OST files as working on new projects etc.
You can follow the given steps to delete the OST files form your system.
- Go to Start menu and select Run. A window will open.
- In the Run window, type the given path in the Open option:
And click OK.
- The path will lead to Explorer window which contains all the OST files. Locate the OST file you want to delete, right-click on the file and select Delete.
However, if the reason for deletion was file corruption the n you may have to recreate the deleted file to make Outlook work appropriately. But, creating the files is quite time-taking and may lead to data loss and other complexities.
To avoid any confusion and problems, you can go for third party tool OST Recovery tool which is easy to use and smartly carries out the recovery from corrupt OST files. It scans the large-sized files with utter delicacy and even allows users to preview the content within the tool's interface. This tool assures data's formatting and hierarchy to be intact in every possible scenario. The tool comes with intelligent search feature which allows advanced and quick data filtering and it supports all the versions of MS Outlook. OST to PST converter provides ample of options like PST, MSG, MBOX, HTML. TXT, RTF, etc. to save the recovered data into. Few easy steps that illustrate tool's functioning are:
- Easily Browse the file that is to converted.
- Tool recovers the entire mailbox data like mails, attachments, tasks, sent items and even the permanently deleted items within a click.
- Preview feature let users to have a keen sight into the data.
- Now, you can give the desired saving location to save the recovered data. And also select file format to convert the files into from various formats like PST, MBOX, HTML, RTF, TXT etc.