Delete OST File
How to delete corrupt OST file?
At times the OST file becomes corrupt beyond the possibility of repair or sometimes the user do not wants to repair the OST file. In such a case, the OST file can be deleted. To delete the corrupt OST file, follow the instruction given below:
- Quit Outlook (if running).
- Click Start and select the Run option.
- In the Run window, enter the following command in the "Open" field- "%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Outlook\" and click OK.
- In the Explorer Window, locate the OST file that you want to delete. Select it and press Delete on your keyword or use the delete icon on the tool to permanently delete the OST file.
Create a New OST after OST corruption
After the OST file has been deleted, you might feel the need to recreate it as a new file to make Outlook work properly. To create a new OST file, follow the steps given below:
- Quit the MS Exchange Client (MS Outlook)
- Rename the existing OST file so that each file has a different file name.
- Restart MS Outlook in Online Mode (If the email client is working in an offline mode)
- You receive the following error message- "The file "C:\Exchange directory\file name.ost could not be found". Click OK
- In the Offline Folder File Settings dialog box, click OK
- Knowledge Tablet- You can also alter the path and the file name of the OST file using this dialog
- You will receive this error message- "The file c:\Exchange directory\file name.ost could not be found. Would you like to create it?" Click Yes
Note - MS Outlook will start in online mode
- On the Tools menu, click Synchronize- All folders.
This way, the new OST file that you created with get synchronized with the Exchange Server. Now you can configure Outlook to initiate working in offline mode by using the new OST file.
"If you are not finding satisfactory result after recovering your lost Outlook emails & converting OST files to PST files then try this tool for desired output."